banQuet 2012: A feast of new writing and art by Australian Queer Women & banQuet 2012: A feast of new writing and art by Australian Queer Men
The anthologies showcase a broad range of innovative, engaging quality writings and art by emerging and established queer writers/artists about LGBTIQ sex and sexualities.
Challenge and surprise us. Introduce us to your complex and flawed queer protagonists and antagonists. Take us for a ride on the seamy side of LGBTIQ lives! We’d love to look at writings and art about queers falling in and out of bed or love!
banQuetpress supports community diversity.
banQuetpress will only accept original, previously unpublished material. Please do not submit material that is being concurrently considered elsewhere.
Maximum of three pieces per author/artist.
Submission Deadline: Friday, 3 June 2011
Word Length: up to 5000 words
Art / Graphics / Images: one or a few cells/photos/images
Short Fiction Guidelines
- Well-crafted, well-written engaging short fiction – short stories, flash-fiction, etc.
- A range of genres, erotica preferred for 2012 edition
- Scenarios and themes primarily focussed on LGBTIQ lives
- Well-crafted, well-written and accurately researched short non-fiction
- Ideas, issues and information primarily focussed on LGBTIQ erotica, sexualities
- Reviews and academic essays not accepted
Comic Art / Graphics / Photography Guidelines
- Comic art – One or a few cells/photos
- Scenarios, issues and themes primarily focussed on LGBTIQ erotica, sexualities
- Material that can be effectively reproduced/published in B/W
- Resolution quality at least 300dpi
Style / Formatting Guideline
- Submit a “clean” manuscript – that is, a manuscript that has been edited for accuracy and clarity in communication, as well as proof-read for typos. (Works accepted for publication will undergo a full editing and proof-reading process; however, your submission must demonstrate your professionalism as a writer/artist).
- Cover sheet with your legal name (essential), pen name (if applicable), title and word count on it only
- Name must not appear anywhere on manuscript and artwork (only on cover)
- MS Word document
- JPEG document for graphics
- Document Filename should include title of the work
- Standard 12 point Arial font
- Double spacing
- Numbered pages
Cover Sheet – Author / Artist Details
Please include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Legal name (essential) and pen name (if applicable)
- Contact details: address, phone, email
- An author/artist biography paragraph (up to 150 words)
- A declaration of originality/authenticity (one per submission). For example: ‘My short story [title] is original work produced by me [name] and has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Signed, [type in your name].’
Submission Contact Details / Receipt / Notification
- Electronic submissions only by email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acknowledgement of receipt of your submission will be by email
- You will be notified by late July concerning the status of your submission
- Copyright will remain with you, the author/artist
- Once the work has been published in banQuet, you are free to reprint it elsewhere
- Please acknowledge that the work was first published in banQuet in any subsequent reprint of the particular work.
Acknowledgement / Payment
At this stage, banQuet is unable to pay you, but offers:
- One complementary copy of the publication
- Inclusion of author/artist paragraph biog (including contact details if you wish) in ‘About the Contributors’ section
- An invitation to the publication launch – writer’s and reader’s event
- Promotion of the anthology
- Invitations to participate in spoken word performances held by banQuetpress